Last updated on December 5th, 2019 at 01:56 pm
Shraddha Kapoor Biography Family, Age, Movies & Affairs
Shraddha Kapoor Biography: She was born on (3 March 1987) she is an Indian actress.and singer. His commercial success with the romantic drama film Aashiqui 2 (2013). Shraddha received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress in this film Aashiqui 2. In this following year critically acclaimed by drama Haider (2014) an adaptation of William Shakespeare’s tragedy Hamlet.
She is the daughter of the actor, Shakti Kapoor, his acting career with a brief role in the 2010 heist film Teen Patti. Shraddha in (2014) established herself with starring roles (Ek Villain) romantic thriller movie. She next to move the part of the sequel ABCD 2 in (2015) dance drama film and the action drama film Baaghi (2016).
Shraddha Kapoor it with her first leading role in the teen drama Luv Ka The End (2011). His acting addition, she has sung several of her film songs. In (2015) Kapoor launched her own line of clothing, and more then she is the celebrity endorser for several brands and products. In (2019) she released her the action thriller Saaho (2019), and the comedy-drama Chhichhore (2019).
The Early Life Of Shraddha Kapoor
Shraddha Kapoor was born on (3 March 1987) in Mumbai on the side of Punjab. His father is Punjabi and on her mother’s side, she is of Marathi. His grandmother hailed from Panaji, Goa and her grandfather Pandharinath Kolhapure. Kapoor relatives lived in Maharashtra, she was raised as Marathi. Shraddha’s family members include mother Shivangi Kapoor and her father Shakti Kapoor is an Indian actor.
His elder brother Siddhanth Kapoor, her two aunts Padmini Kolhapure and Tejaswini Kolhapure are all actors. Kapoor is the great-niece of Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Meena Khadikar, Usha Mangeshkar and Hridaynath Mangeshkar. She spends life her schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School.
At the age of 15, she left Mumbai and, she shifted to the American School of Bombay. In this school, she was a classmate actress Athiya Shetty and actor Tiger Shroff. At the age of 17, she played soccer and handball as she thought these games were challenging.
In front of the mirror, Kapoor used to rehearse film dialogues and dance to Bollywood songs. Shraddha in her childhood, she accompanied her father to the various shooting locations. Once a time during the shoots of David Dhawan’s, she befriended actor Varun Dhawan, to play with him.
In 2010, she made her acting debut for the drama film Teen Patti. In this movie, she played the role of a college girl. Generally, this film received negative reviews though her performance was better received. She makes an interesting debut as the edgy youngster who sheds her specs for sleaze. The film failed at the box office but she was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
She signed a three-film after her debut deal with Yash Raj Films. In (2013) Shraddha Kapoor’s breakthrough role with romantic musical drama Aashiqui 2. Aashiqui 2 is the sequel to the 1990 film Aashiqui. She was a character in this film as the Aarohi Keshav Shirke, a small-town bar singer who becomes a successful playback artist with the help of a popular male singer (played by Aditya Roy Kapur).
Aashiqui 2 collected about ₹52.5 million it’s an opening day and its first weekend collected ₹179.2 million (US$2.6 million). This film collected ₹346.5 million in its first week. Aashiqui 2 declared super hit in the box office of India with his first three weeks runs in the Cinema. It was the second-highest-grossing Hindi film of 2013.
“Awards and Nominations”,
- Filmfare award for Best Music Director: Ankit Tiwari
- Award For Best Playback Singer (Male): Arijit Singh
- Nominated, Best Actor: Aditya Roy Kapur
- Nominated, Best Actress: Shraddha Kapoor
- Nominated, Best Playback Singer (Female): Shreya Ghoshal (“Sunn Raha Hai”)
- Screen award for Best Playback Singer (Male): Arijit Singh (“Tum Hi Ho”)
- Screen award for Best Playback Singer (Female): Shreya Ghoshal (“Sunn Raha Hai”)
- Screen Award for Jodi No. 1: Aditya Roy Kapur & Shraddha Kapoor
- Nominated Screen award for, Best Music Director: Ankit Tiwari, Mithoon and Jeet Ganguly
- Nominated, Best Actress Female: Shraddha Kapoor
- Nominated, Most Popular Actor Male: Aditya Roy Kapur
- Nominated, Most Popular Actress Female: Shraddha Kapoor
“(2014) Ek Villain”,
She released an action thriller film directed by Mohit Suri Ek Villain (2014) for which Kapoor also sang the song Galliyan. This film played by Sidharth Malhotra who terminally ill wife (played by Shraddha). The film tells the story of a hardened criminal. Generally, this film perceived to be plagiarised from the Korean film I Saw the Devil.
Ek Villain opening day box office India called very well, with occupancies at around 55–60%. On its first day, this collected around ₹167.2 million and its first weekend collected around ₹507 million. On its first weekend outside India Ek Villain collected ₹132.4 million.
“ABCD 2”, “Baaghi”,
Anybody can dance, she starred in a sequel to the dance film ABCD, entitled ABCD 2 in 2015. She role of hip-hop dancer in this movie who competed in an international hip-hop competition. Sharddha Kapoor learned different genres of dance form from choreographers Prabhudeva. This film hit in the box office in India Cinema.The action drama film Baaghi released in 2016 about a pair of rebellious lovers set against the backdrop of a martial arts school. On it is first opening day Baaghi earned ₹11.94 crores, and the second day this movie not dropped and earned ₹11.13 crore. One of the highest-grossing film 2016, and hit in the box office.
Discography of Shraddha Kapoor
|“Bezubaan Phir Se”||2015||ABCD 2|
|“Tere Mere Dil”||2016||Rock On 2|
|“Udja Re”||2016||Rock On 2|
|“Woh Jahaan”||2016||Rock On 2|
|“Rock On-Revisited”||2016||Rock On 2|
|“Phir Bhi Tumko Chaahungi||2017||Half Girlfriend|
Shraddha Kapoor Other Work
Shraddha in his acting addition in films, supported charitable organizations, performed for stage shows and sang in her films. Kapoor ramp walked in the Lakme Fashion Week. She also includes several product brands like Lakmé, Veet, Lipton, Marico’s Hair & Care, and many others. One of the most wanted names in the Bollywood Hungama industry. She is one of the most popular celebrities in India.
Kapoor launched her own line of clothing for women in 2015. , Forbes magazine featured her Kapoor as one of the most successful girls at the age of 30 write-ins 2016. His per year earning US$1.3 million.
Awards and Achievements
- The first award in 2011 by the film of (Teen Patti) received a Filmfare award for the best female debut and received a Lions Gold award for Favourite Promising Actor (Female).
- The second award in 2012 by the film (Luv Ka The End) received a Stardust Awards for best actress and International Indian Film Academy Awards for best actress.
- In 2013 received a Filmfare award for the best actress and Star Guild Awards for the Jodi of the Year (along with Aditya Roy Kapur) in the film of Aashiqui 2.
- In 2016 received International Indian Film Academy Awards for the best actress in the film ABCD 2.
Shraddha Kapoor Biography/Wiki
|Real Name||Shraddha Kapoor|
Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters: 165 cm
in meters: 1.65 m
in Feet Inches: 5’ 5”
|Weight||in Kilograms: 52 kg
in Pounds: 115 lbs
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Date of Birth||3 March 1987|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Address||7th Floor, Palm Beach, Gandhigram Road, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai
American School of Bombay, Mumbai
|College||Boston University, USA (dropped)|
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Hobbies||Collecting shoes, cooking|
Family & More
|Parents||Father: Shakti Kapoor
Mother: Shivangi Kolhapure
|Siblings||Brother: Siddhanth Kapoor
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Aditya Roy Kapur
Some Known Facts About Shraddha Kapoor you don,t know
The most interesting facts about the young and charming actress Shraddha Kapoor are that she performs all her workouts on her own without being monitored by an expert.
- Does Shraddha Kapoor smoke? No
- Does Shraddha Kapoor drink alcohol? Yes
- She loves adventure sports and is a trained and certified scuba diver.
- In the year 2011, her first movie in the lead role was Luv Ka The End.
- She is Johnny Depp’s number one fangirl.
- Shraddha Kapoor debuted with the Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan in Teen Patti.
- She is a huge sushi fan.
- His favorite song is “With the sunshine” by Ocean Drive.