Last updated on December 5th, 2019 at 02:00 pm
Tiger Shroff Biography Age, Movies & Family, Facts
Tiger Shroff Biography: He was born on (March 2, 1990) he is an Indian film actor. He made his film debut in the 2014 action comedy Heropanti hit in the box office and earned him a Filmfare award for best male debut nomination. He is a famous Indian actor-dancer and martial artist. Tiger is the son of popular Hindi Cinema actor Jackie Shroff.
Tiger Shroff first breakthrough the record in his debut film Heropanti (2014) romantic action comedy film. He performed in this movie very well and hit in the box office. Heropanti directed by Sabbir Khan and produced by Sajid Nadiadwala played roled as a starring Tiger Shroff and Kriti Sanon in their Hindi film debuts, alongside Prakash Raj.’
He went on to star in the financially profitable action thriller drama romance comedy Baaghi (2016). This film hit in the box office. At the end of this year, the tiger worked with Remo D’ Souza’s Super film A Flying Jatt, Tiger played a martial arts ordinary teacher who gains superpowers. The film received positive reviews but underperformed at the box office grossing ₹520 million and flop in the box office. Tiger next appeared Baaghi sequel it’s highly successful in the box office Baaghi 2 (2018).
The Early Life of Tiger Shroff
Tiger Shroff was born on (March 2, 1990) in the family of Indian actor Jackie Shroff and his wife Ayesha Shroff in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. When he debuted in Hindi movies, he changed his name to Tiger.
Tiger is the elder of two siblings. His sister Krishna Shroff is three years younger than Tiger Shroff. He is of Gujarati and Turkish ancestry from his parent’s side, and from his maternal side. Tiger Shroff is a devout Hindu devotee of Lord Shiva attributing his physique to Lord Shiva, Shiva is known as “The Destroyer” within the Trimurti, the Hindu trinity that includes Brahma and Vishnu.
Tiger schooling at American School of Bombay, and also you know that Tiger helped Aamir Khan to build his physique for Dhoom 3. Shroff in Taekwondo awarded an honorary fifth-degree black belt. His major hobby in dancing, when he was a young age and he admires the dance forms breakdancing, popping is a street dance adapted out of the earlier Boogaloo movement in Oakland, California.
Since his childhood, he was an average student, tiger did his schooling from Besant Montessori school, and next, he goes to Amity University Noida to pursue his further education.
- Tiger Shroff first singed film in the late of the year June 2012, he made his film debut with Sabbir Khan’s action romantic comedy Heropanti remake of the Telugu film Parugu. This film released on 23 May 2014. Heropanti had collected ₹500 million (US$7.2 million) net at the end of three weeks and hit in the box office. Tiger Shroff received a Filmfare award for the best male debut, which was produced under Nadiadwala’s banner.
- He reteamed with Nadiadwala and Sabbir Khan before the year 2016, work in the action thriller Baaghi hit in the box office in Hindi Cinema. Baaghi film has grossed 100 crores in India and worldwide. Baaghi film starts with martial arts champion Raghav Shetty.
Awards and Achievements
- Tiger Shroff’s first award in the late of the year 2014 received a Stardust Awards for the Superstar of Tomorrow – Male in the movie of Heropanti for his best performance.
- In this same year and the same movie, he won his second award BIG Star Entertainment Awards for the Most Entertaining Actor – Male in the same movie Heropanti for his best performance and Entertaining actor.
- He won his Star Guild Awards for the best male debut, Tiger Shroff wins many other awards like, (IIFA Awards) in 2015 the same movie Heropanti, (Life Ok Screen Awards) in 2015, Most Promising Newcomer – Male and win many other awards.
Tiger Shroff Movies
Tiger Shroff worked many movies his career start in 2014 and his breakthrough movie record in the year 2016 Baaghi. Baaghi series change his career and Baaghi sequel released in (2018) and hit in the box office total collection worldwide ₹253.18 crores against the low budget ₹59 crores and declared hit in the box office.
Baaghi 2 is a 2018 Indian Hindi-language action thriller film a sequel to Baaghi though it narrated a different story. This film once again produced by Sajid Nadiadwala. The film featured Shroff as an army officer and Disha Patani as the female lead. Tiger Shroff’s performance and action sequences garnered him praise and film hit in the box office as well as one of the top-grossing Bollywood films of the year.
Baaghi 2 it’s an opening day earned ₹25.1 crore net collection and the biggest opening day in 2018 ahead of Padmaavat. In the last 15 months, this is the third biggest movie behind Tiger Zinda Hai and Golmaal Again. Baaghi 2 total worldwide grossed collection of ₹275.85 crores ($39.3 million), including ₹230.74 crores (US$33 million) in India and $6.94 million ₹45.11 crores) overseas.
“Student of the Year 2”,
Student of the Year 2 is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language teen film. It was a sequel to Student of the Year (2012), within the director (Punit Malhotra’s) and produced by Karan Johar under the banner Dharma Productions and Tiger Shroff played a role as a college student who competes to win an annual school championship.
Initially, Student of the year 2 was announced on November 2017 and generally received mixed reviews from critics, with the script and unreal situation receiving criticism. In its first show, the film had an average opening with an occupancy rate of 20-25%. This movie earned its first-day ₹11.75-12 crore net collection in India and earned ₹97.81 crores worldwide.
War is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language action thriller film alongside Hrithik Roshan. The film follows an India soldier assigned to eliminate his former mentor who has gone rogue with appeared by the director Siddharth Anand. On 2 October 2019, War was theatrically released in India in 4DX is the brand name of the cinema company.
In India War set the highest opening day collection for Bollywood. On its first day, this film opened with a collection of ₹53.35 crores. War second day collection ₹24.35 crore and third day it collected ₹22.45 crore. This film has grossed ₹387.77 crores worldwide and as of 13 October 2019 with gross of ₹323.39 crores from India and ₹64.38 crores from overseas and regularly run in Hindi Cinema.
Baaghi 3 is an upcoming Indian action drama film, where he will reunite with Shraddha Kapoor, and directed by Ahmed Khan. It is a spiritual sequel to Baaghi (2016) and Baaghi 2 (2018) and its an official remake of the 2012 Tamil film Vettai. On 12 September 2019 Principal photography of the film began in Mumbai and theatrically released in cinemas on 6 March 2020.
Tiger Shroff Biography/Wiki
|Real Name||Jai Hemant Shroff|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||2 March 1990|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||Besant Montessori School, Juhu, Mumbai
American School of Bombay, Mumbai
|College/University||Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Family||Father: Jackie Shroff (Actor)
Mother: Ayesha Dutt (Producer)Brother: None
Sister: Krishna Shroff
Some Known Facts About Tiger Shroff You Probably don’t Know
- His real name is Jai Hemant Shroff.
- He is the first actor launched by Sajid Nadiadwala.
- Tiger Shroff the lead role in late of the year 2009, in the remake of the TV show “Fauji”.
- He helped Aamir Khan build his physique for Dhoom 3.
- Tiger Shroff is a fifth-degree black belt holder in Taekwondo.
- Tiger Shroff is properly skilled in martial arts, gymnastics, and dance.
- Bollywood actress Shraddha Kapoor and Tiger Shroff are not only co-stars but are also best friends and have been classmates too.